Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
27 SUSTAINABLE CHRISTMAS GIFTS UNDER £100
From compostable sneakers to cork plant pots, there’s something for everyone
By hannah rochell
26 november 2020
Whether you’re aiming for a plastic-free Christmas, you need to find a gift for the eco-warrior in your life, or you simply want to drop some subtle hints to your loved ones by leaving this article open on the laptop, we’ve rounded up some of the best sustainable gifts… because we’re dreaming of a green Christmas.
2. Greta Thunberg: No One Is Too Small To Make A Difference, £10.99 (blackwells.co.uk)
A new expanded and illustrated edition of the collection of speeches from Greta’s first year as an activist.
3. #TOGETHERBAND Editions Black
Our new Editions for Peace black band featuring a gold-plated Humanium Metal clasp supports all 17 of the UN’s Global Goals for Sustainable Development.
5. Waes sneakers, £99 (waes.co)
These natural trainers are completely compostable - you can chuck them on the compost heap at the end of their life!
7. Zero Waste Gift Wrap, by Christine Leech, £9.99 (waterstones.com)
Treat yourself to this one before you start wrapping!
8. Ellis Home Studios candles collection, £55 (ellishomestudios.co.uk)
These hand poured candles are made from 100% natural soy wax.
9. Heather Orr recycled macrame plant hanger, £25 (heatherorr.co.uk)
This gorgeous plant hanger is made from recycled cotton and comes in seven different colours.
10. #TOGETHERBAND Editions Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities
Nepalese artisans work to assemble our finished bands, providing support for local communities and economies.
12. Steamery fabric shaver, £40 (steamery.co.uk)
This handy gadget will remove pesky bobbles from your favourite knitwear items, furniture and blankets, making them look great for longer.
13. #TOGETHERBAND Editions Goal 13: Climate Action
Our bands' rope is made from 100% recycled Ocean Plastic.
15. Wearth London shaving kit, £26.99 (wearthlondon.com)
This plastic-free razor comes with shaving soap that is cruelty-free and palm oil-free.
17. #TOGETHERMASK in organic cotton
Each purchase will help us donate one more medical-grade face shield to ensure that frontline workers are protected in areas of the world MSF have identified as most in need.
16. Upcircle chocolate bundle, £19.99 (upcirclebeauty.com)
Upcircle’s clever beauty products are made using repurposed coffee grounds collected from cafes.
17. Closely recycled bralet, £48 (closely-official.com)
This lovely underwear is made from recycled materials and you can check the carbon footprint of every item before you buy.
19. #TOGETHERBAND Editions Goal 14: Life Below Water and Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals
The clasp is made from Humanium Metal, repurposed from decommissioned seized illegal firearms in Central America. Its production helps to end armed violence and rebuild conflict-torn societies.
20.Genevieve Sweeney gloves, £20 (genevievesweeney.com)
Made using traditional practices, the Yorkshire wool yarn is knitted into gloves by Scottish artisans.
22. #TOGETHERBAND ❤ Ocean Bottle
Every #TOGETHERBOTTLE you buy funds the collection of 1000 plastic bottles and supports a long term solution to plastic pollution.
24. BOTTLETOP recycled scarf, £75 (bottletop.org)
Made from 100% recycled PET and featuring a geometric print in a choice of two colours, wear as a headscarf or a neckerchief.
26. Keep cup, £17 (keepcup.com)
Say no to disposable cups with a reusable - this one from pioneers Keep Cup looks and feels great, too.
27. #TOGETHERBAND Editions Goal 4: Quality Education and Goal 5: Gender Equality
Show your support for Quality Education and Gender Equality with our Goal 4 and 5 Editions for Peace bands.