One mission: Two pandemics
Right now it’s important we come together and fight the two critical pandemics facing our planet. Let’s act.
The #TOGETHER FUND x WJSFF is a global fundraising campaign to support organizations engaged in critical Racial Justice work that aligns with the Global Goals 10: Reduced Inequalities and 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions and COVID-19 Relief efforts in alignment with Global Goal 3: Good Health and Well-Being.
Under the mission ‘healthy people, healthy planet’ the #TOGETHER FUND was launched by the #TOGETHERBAND Campaign in response to the onset of COVID-19 to raise funds for projects tackling the pandemic and projects advancing the UN Global Goals. #TOGETHERBAND is a campaign that sets out to galvanize global support to achieve the delivery of the 17 UN Goals for sustainable development by 2030. UBS Optimus Foundation is a Founding Partner for the #TOGETHERBAND Campaign.
In partnership with WJSFF, the #TOGETHER FUND is expanding its efforts to include raising funds for Racial Justice Organizations. WJSFF's mission is to improve lives by building a first-in-class organization that stands at the intersection of philanthropy, social impact, and media. Our vision is to create a world in which every person is inspired to bravely explore and discover their inner possibility. Our four areas of focus are: Arts & Education, Social Empowerment, Sustainability, Health & Wellness.
Where your #TOGETHER FUND x WJSFF Donation Goes
U.S. donations will be received through CAF-America, and non-U.S. through the BOTTLETOP FOUNDATION, and will be distributed as follows.
50% of funds raised will go directly to these non-profit organizations fighting for racial justice:
1. President Obama launched "My Brother's Keeper" in 2014 to address persistent opportunity gaps faced by boys and young men of color. Now a program within the Obama Foundation, MBK Alliance is centered on lifting up communities, promoting what works, and mobilizing citizens and institutions to work towards change. MBK Alliance helps local leaders adopt proven practices that reduce youth violence, grow the pipeline of mentors, and advance life outcomes for boys and young men of color.
2. The NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc. (LDF) is America's premier legal organization fighting for racial justice. Through litigation, advocacy, and public education, LDF seeks structural changes to expand democracy, eliminate disparities, and achieve racial justice in a society that fulfills the promise of equality for all Americans.
3. The Leadership Conference Education Fund builds public will for federal policies that promote and protect the civil and human rights of all persons in the United States. The Education Fund’s campaigns empower and mobilize advocates around the country to push for progressive change in the United States. It was founded in 1969 as the education and research arm of The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights.
4. The Equal Justice Initiative is committed to ending mass incarceration and excessive punishment in the United States, to challenging racial and economic injustice, and to protecting basic human rights for the most vulnerable people in society.
50% of funds raised will be used to fight COVID-19 with the help of:
5. Doctors Without Borders is a global movement providing medical aid where it’s needed most.
6. World Health Organization (WHO) COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund is leading and coordinating the global effort, supporting countries to prevent, detect, and respond to the pandemic.
7. Alight builds a meaningful life for and with the displaced. Not simply basic needs, but a life filled with joy, dignity, connection, and purpose. Alight provides health care and clean water, shelter, protection, and economic opportunity to more than 3.5 million people in 17 countries each year.