Goal 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
35 SUSTAINABLE GIFTS UNDER £100
From compostable phone cases to cork plant pots, there’s something for everyone
By hannah rochell
4 February 2022
Whether you’re aiming for a plastic-free Valentine's Day this year, you need to find a gift for the climate activist in your life, or you simply want to drop some subtle hints to your loved ones by leaving this article open on the laptop, we’ve rounded up some of the best sustainable gifts around…
2. #TOGETHER x Morag Myserscough tees
Made from 100% recycled materials, these T-shirts come in four graphic options that celebrate the three main renewable energy sources - Sun, Sea and Air - as well as our Clean Power logo. They are a collaboration with artist Morag Myerscough.
4. Keep cup, from £11 (keepcup.com)
Say no to disposable cups with a reusable - this one from pioneers Keep Cup looks and feels great, too.
5. Kemi Telford bag, £35 (kemitelford.com)
Made from deadstock nylon fabric, this capacious oversized shopper is great for groceries (it's sturdy) or even the beach (fits a towel and doesn't mind getting wet). Its bright on-trend stripes also make it the ideal addition to any outfit.
6. #TOGETHERBAND Clean Power Editions
These bright bands are part of our Clean Power campaign - wear yours to show your support for switching to renewable energy solutions. Like all of our bands, they are made from 100% recycled materials.
8. Greta Thunberg: No One Is Too Small To Make A Difference, £10.99 (blackwells.co.uk)
An expanded and illustrated edition of the collection of speeches from Greta Thunberg’s first year as an activist.
9. #TOGETHERBAND Editions Black
Our Edition black band supports all 17 of the UN’s Global Goals for Sustainable Development. The clasp is made from Humanium Metal - melted down illegal firearms - meaning that it helps end armed conflict.
10. #TOGETHER Phone Case
Our compostable phone cases are made from plants. When you're done with your case you can either put it in your garden compost or send it back to be made into a new case. Available in five designs, including the Speto artwork pictured here.
12. Tanaka handmade natural soaps, £10.50 (tanaka.store)
These beautiful 100% natural soaps are cruelty-free and contain no palm oil. Available for pre-order now.
13. Roake zero waste scrunchie, £8 (roake.studio)
Made from fabric saved from landfill and the offcuts from this sustainable brand's garment production. These particular limited edition scrunchies feature artwork by print designer Laura Slater.
14. #TOGETHER Eyewear
The frames of our sunglasses are made from recycled materials including old CDS. For every pair bought, we will protect 25 people from river blindness, in partnership with Sightsavers.
15. Ellis Home Studios candles collection, £55 (ellishomestudios.co.uk)
These hand poured candles are made from 100% natural soy wax. They also smell delicious, even if you decide they're too pretty to light!
16. Heather Orr recycled macrame plant hanger, £25 (heatherorr.co.uk)
This gorgeous plant hanger is made from recycled cotton and comes in seven different colours. Got a crafty friend? You can also buy make-at-home kits complete with video workshops - choose from macrame, crochet or wall hangings.
17. #TOGETHERBAND Editions Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities
Nepalese artisans work to assemble our finished bands, providing support for local communities and economies.
18. Colorful Standard scarf, £55 (colorfulstandard.co.uk)
This 100% merino wool scarf in bubblegum pink is pre-washed, so there won’t be any nasty surprises in the machine. Available in a whopping 25 different colours.
19. Steamery fabric shaver, £40 (steamery.co.uk)
This handy gadget will remove pesky bobbles from your favourite knitwear items, furniture and blankets, making them look great for longer.
21. Wearth London shaving kit, £26.99 (wearthlondon.com)
This plastic-free razor comes with shaving soap that is cruelty-free and palm oil-free.
23. Upcircle bundle, from £27.99 (upcirclebeauty.com)
Upcircle’s clever zero waste beauty products are made using repurposed coffee grounds collected from cafes.
24. #TOGETHERBAND Editions Goal 13: Climate Action
The rope of all of our bands is made from 100% Parley Ocean Plastic®, which is collected from remote shorelines and then recycled.
25. Responsibly sourced bouquets, from £22 (bloomandwild.com)
If you're not lucky enough to have a local florist that uses seasonal blooms, use a company like Bloom & Wild, which has full traceability on where it sources its flowers, how it transports them (and from where), and how it supports communities.
27. Navy grey beanie, £50 (navygrey.co)
Made from the finest wool, sourced from responsibly managed sheep farms and spun on the banks of Loch Leven in Scotland.
28. #TOGETHERBAND Editions Goal 4: Quality Education and Goal 5: Gender Equality
Show your support for Quality Education and Gender Equality with our Goal 4 and 5 Editions for Peace bands.
29. BOTTLETOP recycled scarf, £75 (bottletop.org)
Created from 100% recycled PET and featuring a geometric print in a choice of two colours, wear as a headscarf or a neckerchief.
30. Bamboo toothbrush, £3.99 (theplasticfreeshop.co.uk)
The bamboo toothbrush is gaining in popularity, and it's a good job too: nearly every toothbrush made since the 1930s still exists. Now available in lots of zingy colours so you know whose brush is whose in the bathroom!
31. Closely recycled bralet, £45 (closely-official.com)
This lovely underwear is made from recycled materials and you can check the carbon footprint of every item before you buy.
33. #TOGETHERBAND ❤ Ocean Bottle
Every #TOGETHERBOTTLE you buy funds the collection of 1000 plastic bottles and supports a long term solution to plastic pollution.
34. Genevieve Sweeney gloves, £30 (genevievesweeney.com)
Made using traditional practices, the Yorkshire wool yarn is knitted into gloves by Scottish artisans. Available in five colours including this eyecatching bright blue.
35. #TOGETHERBAND Editions Goal 14: Life Below Water and Goal 17: Partnerships for the Goals
The clasp is made from Humanium Metal, repurposed from decommissioned seized illegal firearms in Central America. Its production helps to end armed violence and rebuild conflict-torn societies.
This article was originally published in November 2020 and has been updated