Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
The UN’s SubGoals for peace, justice and strong institutions
- Reduce violence everywhere
- Protect children from abuse, exploitation, trafficking and violence
- Promote the rules of law and ensure equal access to justice
- Combat organised crime and illicit financial and arms flows
- Substantially reduce corruption and bribery
- Develop effective, accountable and transparent institutions
- Ensure responsive, inclusive and representative decision-making
- Strengthen the participation in global governance
- Provide universal legal identity
- Ensure public access to information and protect fundamental freedoms
- Strengthen national institutions to prevent violence and combat terrorism and crime
- Promote and enforce non-discriminatory laws and policies
How you can help
Speak up! Ask your local and national authorities to engage in initiatives that don’t harm people or the planet.
Vote! Take advantage of your right to elect the leaders in your country and local community.
Know your rights at work. In order to access justice, knowing what you are entitled to will go a long way.
Yves Daccord is the director general of the International Committee of the Red Cross. He tells us why he is supporting #TOGETHERBAND.Read more
‘The True Cost’ filmmaker Andrew Morgan takes a closer look at the stories behind the UN’s 17 Global Sustainability Goals. For this, our fifth film...Read more
Freedom, democracy and peace - things we all strive for - rely on myriad factors, from human rights to gun laws.Read more