Clean Water and Sanitation
The UN’s SubGoals for Clean water and sanitation
- End open defecation and provide access to sanitation and hygiene
- Improve water quality, wastewater treatment and safe reuse
- Increase water-use efficiency and ensure freshwater supplies
- Implement integrated water resources management
- Protect and restore water-related ecosystems
- Expand water and sanitation support to developing countries
- Support local engagement in water and sanitation management
How you can help
Don't overuse water. Close the tap when washing dishes, take short showers and consider getting a water meter to be aware of your water usage.
Lend your voice to raise awareness about the lack of hygiene, toilets and safe water in many communities around the world.
Organise a rivers and ocean clean-up mission. Engage your whole community to come together and pick up litter and waste in local rivers, seasides or oceans.