Good Health and Well-being
The UN’s SubGoals for good health and well-being
- Fight communicable diseases
- Reduce mortality from non-communicable diseases and promote mental health
- End all preventable deaths under 5 years of age
- Reduce maternal mortality
- Prevent and treat substance abuse
- Reduce road injuries and deaths
- Provide universal access to sexual and reproductive care, family planning and education
- Achieve universal health coverage
- Reduce illnesses and death from hazardous chemicals and pollution
- Implement the WHO framework convention on tobacco control
- Support research, development and universal access to affordable vaccines and medicines
- Increase health financing and support health workforce in developing countries
- Improve early warning systems for global health risks
How you can help
Vaccinate yourself and your kids. Protecting your family from disease also aids public health.
Donate your blood. Safe blood saves lives! Or why not place yourself on the organ and tissue donors' registry in your country.
Take care of your mental health. Meditate, talk to friends and family, and seek professional help.
Here's our next pick of books from an inspiring selection of health changemakers...Read more
Lauren Mahon is an award-winning podcaster and blogger. We caught up with her to find out why she's supporting Goal 3: Good Health and Well-being.Read more
Meet the midwife fighting for maternity care for disadvantaged mothersRead more
Meet our charity partner for Goal 3: Good Health and Well-beingRead more
While we still have many improvements to make, there are reasons to be thankful when it comes to the state of our health.Read more